Director of Project Delivery, Bespoke Solutions - Americas
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organizations and has been a well recognized Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering (backend and frontend).
We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work to production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for a Director of Project Delivery to join our Leadership Team, in our Boulder office. This role has responsibilities to run and manage the Bespoke Solutions practice in the USA. The same role in New Zealand and Australia is known as a “Practice Manager”.
You’d be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our US footprint. You will have the opportunity to work in a diversely skilled team as described above. You will report to our Boulder-based Regional Lead, the VP Americas.
In addition to our Boulder office, Trineo has offices is Christchurch, Auckland in New Zealand and Sydney, Australia. You would collaborate on a regular basis with colleagues from various Trineo offices/locations.
Trineo is and will always be a small team, with 70 team members worldwide, growing slowly and deliberately. We're not looking for gurus, rock stars, or ninjas. We're interested in working with level headed people who operate with a sense of confidence, humility and humor. Our global footprint truly brings to life our belief in celebrating diversity.
Trineo’s Leadership Team is comprised of our Executive Team, Regional Leaders and Practice Managers from NZ, Australia and the USA.
Succinctly we are focused on the following:
- People - we serve the people of Trineo (our team and our clients).
- Delivery - the value we deliver to our clients, the quality of our work, the sense of satisfaction earned by the team, all at high standards. This is our main source for renewing / long term client relationships as well as high quality referred work in the future.
- Growth - we work closely with each other to curate a pipeline of work. Growth means more than selling our work - so we frequently critique and improve ourselves, pushing to become better, aiming to be the best.
- Continue to ensure Trineo is:
- An excellent place to come to work.
- The most tenacious and effective delivery agent in our tech ecosystem.
- A respected partner and advisor to our customers.
- A steadily growing and commercially sound business.
- Through careful and nuanced positioning, becoming recognized as the above in our regions and globally.
This role is therefore a key member of Trineo’s global Leadership Team and focuses primarily on the “Delivery” component of the Leadership Team’s priorities. Closely followed by this, the role focuses on the “People” component, ensuring that our team is happy and healthy. Developing and building client relationships are also a key part of the “People” component.
The Director of Project Delivery role will participate in strategic planning, goal setting, executing and measuring the success of our execution. This will necessitate approximately up to two trips annually to New Zealand and/or Australia.
This role focuses on the Americas region overall, specifically on the Bespoke Solutions practice. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure smooth and ongoing delivery of value for our clients, working closely with team members and stakeholders from their business and ours.
We’re looking for candidates with experience working to provide leadership and oversight on multiple projects, typically involving user facing platforms (consumers, employees) driven by backend systems that are integrated with core systems, 3rd parties and a supply chain. Ideally you will have 5+ years of relevant experience; however, we have a team with a variety of skills at different levels and above all else, we’re looking for candidates who will be the best fit and add to our team and culture.
As a successful fit for the role, here are some areas you have experience in, and characteristics you embody and aspire to:
- Experience with agile delivery methodology (specifically Scrum and Kanban).
- Experience working in a consulting environment, balancing the needs and responsibilities of internal and external team members.
- Experience working in a cross-skilled “digital team” consisting of product owners, UX researchers & designers, and engineers.
- Experience in assisting a team to operate well, with varying levels of direct involvement from yourself.
- Experience leading a team of direct reports responsible for the successful management and delivery of projects.
- Strong desire to learn, teach and grow alongside your team members.
- Motivated to improve the skill level and effectiveness of the team as a whole.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients, and stakeholders, to communicate business expectations with the wider team so they can produce the desired outcomes.
- A team player, willing to jump in and dig yours hands into whatever challenge or obstacle is in front of the team and help, and know when you should (or shouldn’t).
- Knowing that to lead people is to serve people, and that leading by example is the best way to create the reality we seek.
- A close alignment with our company values, especially the last one.
- A fine sense of humour; all work, no play makes for dull days …
A complete and detailed Job Description will be shared with you during the recruitment process.
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, a free Eco Pass, Simple IRA option, generous PTO, flexibility, bi-weekly in-house massage and the opportunity to travel to global Trineo offices. And we have a great location on West Pearl in downtown Boulder.