User Experience Team Lead
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organizations and has been a well recognized Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering (backend and frontend).
Trineo is known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for a User Experience Team Lead to join our Boulder team. You’d be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our US footprint. You will have the opportunity to work in a diversely skilled team as described above. You will report to our Boulder-based Regional Manager who is responsible for the successful running and delivery of our projects globally.
In addition to our Boulder office, Trineo has offices in Christchurch, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia. You would collaborate on a regular basis with colleagues from various Trineo offices/locations.
Trineo is and will always be a small team, with 65 team members worldwide, growing slowly and deliberately. We're not looking for gurus, rock stars, or ninjas. We're interested in working with level-headed people who operate with a sense of confidence, humility and humor. Our global footprint truly brings to life our belief in celebrating diversity.
We're looking for someone who will focus on:
- This is a hands-on leadership role requiring a user-centric view into our delivery and a passion for creating high-impact user experiences at scale.
- The User Experience Team Lead will work on multiple projects, leveraging his/her good time-management and mentoring skills
- The User Experience Team Lead will report to the Regional Lead of the US.
- Has a desire to mentor team of UX Designers and has a passion to create a spunky, fun, and creative team culture.
- The User Experience Team Lead will mentor the US UX team members and guide their efforts to align with the strategic vision of both Trineo clients as well as Trineo.
- Lead and serve the US based UX team so as to:
- Curate and mentor a skillful team where each individual has strengths and specialties that contribute to the overall offering of the UX team;
- Work closely with the team so as to help ongoing evolution and further growth in identified areas of interest;
- Curate a unified set of approaches that serve a diverse client base;
- Evaluate processes, standards, and techniques to be used in reviewing designs for alignment with overall product and quality architecture;
- Drive the successful execution of the UX strategy to consult, advise and deliver value to Trineo clients.
- Make for a joyful and fun team...all serious no play makes for dull days...
- Understands and engages with customers and other stakeholders on comprehensive set of topics, including strategy, roadmaps, and user journey performance.
- Work well with clients and stakeholders because he/she is passionate about user experience and identifying the right solution, possesses maturity, and has stakeholder-management experience.
- Create data informed designs using the best user experience research and tools based on the client and the UX needs to support making the best analytically informed design
- Experience with creating content, providing top tier services, and e-commerce solutions in a global context for multiple concurrent clients.
- Ability to think like an end user and see our experiences through a user-centric view.
- Top notch written, visual and oral communication skills, including experience presenting well researched topics with a carefully articulated themes to executive leadership using various mediums (slides, clickable prototypes, other).
- Partner with the delivery team (comprising of Engineers, Agile Business Analysts, QA, and User Experience team members) and Product Management to integrate and prioritize UX requirements into product roadmaps.
- Participate in key sprints and product reviews in partnership with the Product Manager and delivery team
- Designs prototypes, user tests, iterates, and works with the greater team to deploy simple, elegant, and purposeful experiences
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure execution meets design expectations
- Analyze business context/needs for large enterprise Trineo clients and prospective clients (trends and business strategy) to derive a consultative user experience strategy, solutions and user experience services for Trineo.
- Works closely with Trineo client stakeholders to understand what it needs from the UX team; and identifying opportunities for the UX team and Trineo.
- If you see opportunities for change and growth you have the confidence and autonomy to influence change within Trineo.
We’re looking for candidates with experience working with consumer-facing platforms driven by backend systems. Ideally you will have 10+ years of applied UX/UI design and research experience and 8+ years of design leadership designing complex consumer facing digital products and experiences with consultative experience in a product, consultancy, or agency environment. However, we have a team with a variety of skills at different levels and above all else, we’re looking for candidates who will be the best fit and an addition to our team and culture.
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, a free Eco Pass, Simple IRA option, generous PTO, flexibility, bi-weekly in-house massage and the opportunity to travel to global Trineo offices. And we have a great location on West Pearl in downtown Boulder.