Senior Front-end Software Engineer
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organisations and has been a well recognised Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering (back-end and front-end).
We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to join our Christchurch team. You will be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our worldwide footprint. You will have the opportunity to work in a diversely skilled team as described above. You will report to our one of our Christchurch based leaders in the Bespoke team.
Trineo has offices in Boulder - CO, Christchurch - NZ (our headquarters), Auckland - NZ, and Sydney - Australia. You would collaborate on a regular basis with colleagues from various Trineo offices/locations.
If you’re a good candidate for the position, here are some characteristics you embody:
- Solid knowledge of the React framework along with Redux
- Experience with Jest and Enzyme
- Experience with mobile first responsive design
- Comfortable with REST API Frameworks
- Experience working closely with User Experience (UX)
- Experience working with cloud hosting technologies such as Heroku, AWS componentry and a decent handle on Unix
- Working knowledge of Git
Our typical stack and methodology:
- Back-end: Ruby, Rails & sometimes Node and others.
- Data: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: Rspec, Capybara, Jest, CI, BrowserStack
- We adhere to agile delivery (Scrum/Kanban), continuous integration, test driven development, consistent peer review and pair programming.
This expertise would be nice to have:
- Service Oriented and Monolithic Architecture
- Identity Management (Authentication and Authorization)
- A thorough understanding of security principles, common exploits and an interest in recent advisories and corresponding mitigation strategies.
- Culinary prowess, baking skills are looked upon very favourably. Seriously, we have a team which is composed of a diverse range of people that have a number of hobbies outside of work.
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes monthly in-house massage, training allowance and the opportunity to travel to our clients' global offices. If you want to work for a company that loves to share their knowledge and up-skill their employees, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. We have a great location on High Street in Christchurch.